Let there be fireworks!
And cake! We mustn’t forget cake!
In all seriousness though, this is a huge accomplishment for me because of my severe aversion to being consistent with blogging. I didn’t think I would last for a month with this and now, two years down the road, I’m a bit disbelieving that I am still at this blogging thing. Wow. Good job, Nafiza. (I forgot the blog’s first birthday and it sulked for a whole two weeks. Wouldn’t let me post or anything so I’m trying to be better this year.)
Anyway, I know the usual thing to do on blog birthdays is to have huge giveaways but eh, I can’t afford it. Sorry guys. Not that I do not appreciate my lovely readers, whoever you may be (specially those folk from Vietnam, I think Rossi’s hooking me up!), I do appreciate all of you for the time you spend reading my words. I hope I have pointed you in the right direction where books or concerned or perhaps convinced you to try books that you wouldn’t have otherwise. Once I’m in the money, I’ll share the lurve. Until then, you have my awesome reviews to tickle your toes.
In the past two years, there have been certain posts that people seemed to really love. Well, to be totally honest, people really love seeing me riled up. I don’t know. Perhaps I write better when I’m pissed off? Whatever it is, here are some of my more popular posts:
1. Where I Blow My Steam at the Initial Author Drama in the Beginning of the Year
2. Honestly, this is not a how to guide on writing dystopians and I’m sorry if you came in search of one. It’s just a funny!
3. A Somber Look at the Plight of Best Friends in YA Literature
4. Forbidden Romances and How We Counter the Tinglies (This is a Lie. We do not counter tinglies here on BM. We simply Tingle.)
5. Where Nafiza Pontificates on Feminism, Panties and Doing the Twist. And not necessarily in that order.
6. Where Nafiza Shares the Recipe for Insta-Love and then we all Go Sparklies in the Sunsies. Until we get shot by Mr. Next Door.
Okay fine, I’m feeling a teensy weensy bit guilty that I do not have anything to giveaway so here’s a deal. You get to decide what I write about in my next Bibliophilic Monologue. You can pick ANY topic you want and no, it doesn’t even have to be related to books because it’s a birthday gift that I’m giving to…heyyyyy, that is not how it works…okay. Okay, fine, never mind. Anyway, I’m pretty certain that no one’s going to ask me to write about anything anyway so I’ll just put it out there.
Ask me to write about something and I will. Give me a topic and I will attempt to entertain you. I may even succeed. You never know! So. Um…this is like that awkward first date which is punctuated with silences, shifting legs and wandering eyes.
Or maybe it’s just me.
Happy Birthday, Bibliophilic Monologues, you good sexy old beast, you.