Another week, another reading forecast. Here’s hoping I return to a more reliable posting schedule now that I have sorted out my thesis somewhat. I had no internet for almost the entirety of last week, well okay, 4 days but it felt like a week. And you would think that having no internet would mean I would read more. It didn’t because I was doing final revisions on my thesis so I could sent it along to the second readers. Perhaps that is just an excuse though. I was reading The Hero of Ages and it’s such a long, complex, dense novel that all my attention was stuck on it. I did manage to finish it though and I read some other books so maybe I’m whining about nothing.
What I Read Last Week:
- Scale Bright – Benjanun Sriduangkaew
- The Hero of Ages – Brandon Sanderson
- The Days Are Just Packed – Bill Watterson
- Blacksad, Vol 1 – Juan Diaz Canales, Juanjo Guarnido
- The Red Queen – Victoria Aveyard
- Rookie Yearbook Two – Edited by Tavi Gavinson
- Above the Dreamless Dead – Edited by Chris Duffy
What I’m Currently Reading:
Nothing. I just finished The Red Queen a few minutes ago and I’m trying to read only one book at a time.
What I Plan to Read:
- The Glass Sentence by S. E. Grove
I must read this before I have to return it to the library. It’s a beast though so I hope it doesn’t take up the entire week.
- In Real Life by Cory Doctorow and Jenny Hwang
This graphic novel has been a long time coming. It looks really fun and not that long so I should be able to do it.
- Elizabeth is Missing – Emma Healey
I’m going to start it this week and read a chapter a day or a certain number of pages per day. I have a feeling this is a book you need to read slowly so that’s exactly what I’m going to do.
- Servants of the Storm – Delilah S. Dawson
I really should get around to reading this. I have had it on my pile for long enough.