Please bear with me a bit longer. I am not posting as much as I used to and I think that’s because I dedicate most of my blogging energies to The Book Wars but I am damned if I’m going to let BM die a slow death. I refuse! In fact, look forward to more posts from this week on. Not many mind you, but quality trumps over quantity, yea? I think so anyway. Anyway!
Books I Read Last Week:
- Revenge by Yoko Ogawa. 5 stars.
- Spera #2 by Josh Tierney et al. 4 stars
- Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough. 3.5 stars
- Akata Witch by Nnedi Orafor. 5 stars.
- Runaways by Brian K. Vaughan et al. 4 stars.
- 11 volumes of Noragami by Adachi Toka. Solid 4 stars for all of them.
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu. 4 stars.
- Ariol #5 by Emmanual Guibert. 3.5 stars
- The Grumpy Guide to Life by Grumpy Cat. 3 stars
So 19 books in total: 4 novels, 1 self-help book (ha), 3 graphic novels and 11 volumes of Manga. Not bad if I do say so myself.
I am currently reading:
- The House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones
I’m reading this to my parents, one chapter a night so it’s going to take me a fortnight or so to finish it. It’s okay. I’m enjoying it so far.
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
It’s the season for blood and horror and I felt like reading something scarier than my usual stuff. This definitely gives me Supernatural vibes but I’ve only read the first fifteen pages so far.
- Magic Breaks by Illona Andrews
It’s Kate and Curran and shit is going down in Atlanta. I can’t wait to read more of it. I’m just scared that people are going to die and I”m going to be wrecked.
- Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
I have a terrible feeling that I’m not going to like this one but I do have to review it so I’ll just read it.
- The Chapel Wars by Lindsey Leavitt
I really liked Sean Griswold’s head and I’m on a search for that elusive thing the book had that Leavitt doesn’t seem to be able to replicate in her other books but hope dies slow and I’m still reading whatever she writes.
What I Plan to Read
If I finish the four I’m reading on my own, which I doubt since I’m marathoning a tv a show, I will pick up Heaven’s Queen by Rachel Bach. Maybe Unwrapped Sky by Rjurik Davidson. And probably many more graphic novels. I am due at the library to pick up holds.