Another week, another forecast. I really like doing these. I veer off the course all the time but having these posts up help me to direct my reading somewhat. Anyway, on to the reading I have done.
Read last week:
- Twitter: The Comic – Mike Rosenthal (reviewed)
- Anna Dressed in Blood – Kendare Blake.
Did not live up to the expectations, unfortunately. I liked it but was not blown away as I thought I would be.
- Magic Breaks – Illona Andrews
A billion stars. I loved it.
- The Chapel Wars – Lindsey Leavitt
It was okay.
- Heaven’s Queen – Rachel Bach
I really liked this.
- Kill My Mother – Jules Feiffer
This was weird but okay.
- Even More Bad Parenting Advice – Guy Delisle
Loved it. Review coming soon.
- Tippy and the Night Parade – Lilli Carre
- Briony Hatch – Penelope and Ginny Skinner
Liked it quite a bit.
- The Adventures of Superhero Girl – Faith Erin Hicks
This was amazing. Enjoyed it immensely.
- Amulet 3 – Kazu Kabuishi
Really liked it. Twist in the story!
- House of Many Ways – Diana Wynne Jones
A little over halfway through and my dad and I are both loving this.
- Colourless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage – Haruki Murakami
The translation isn’t the best but the story (and the mystery) is compelling. I’m reading this slowly so I don’t know how long it’s going to take but I’m enjoying it so far.
- Around the World in 92 minutes – Chris Hadfield
Certainly humbling and very awe-inspiring.
What I Plan to Read:
- Egg and Spoon by Gregory Maguire
I plan to start it anyway. I want to read it before next week Wednesday so I can review it at The Book Wars.
- The Magician’s Guild by Trudi Caravan
Should read this before I have to return it to the library.
- Crown of Midnight – Sarah J. Maas
I’ll give it a whirl. I’m not sure I’ll like it or finish it but I’ll give it a whirl.
- Amulet 4 and 5 by Kazu Kibuishi
I may get to Amulet 6 as well but I don’t know.