I know I haven’t been posting as much and I do apologise for that. I do have some reviews some planned for the coming week and hopefully I’ll be in a better place of mind. I’ve been stressed out with job hunting (or the lack of it, I should say) and you know, the issues that arise with feeling completely inept and unable to handle the real world. The good stuff that every student must go through after graduating. But as is usual for me, I turn to books when I’m feeling down so I’ve been reading quite a bit. Here’s what I read last week:
- Wheel of the Infinite – Martha Wells
I really enjoyed this one.
- Volumes 1-5 of Beauty is the Beast by Tomo Matsumoto
This series is hilarious (and complete at 5 volumes). I loved how the heroine subverts all stereotypes. The romance isn’t over the top and is actually an interesting exploration of relationships. Plus it’s funny.
- Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
I enjoyed this. The squirrel is adorable but it wasn’t as awesome as I had expected it to be.
- Fiendish – Brenna Yovanoff
I expected a lot more than I got.
- Volumes 1-2 of Yukarism by Shiomi Chika
The art is beautiful and the story twisted. Just how I like it.
- Showa 1944-1953 by Shigeru Mizuki
I will review this one.
- The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami
I will review this one as well.
I’m currently reading:
Beka Cooper: Terrier by Tamora Pierce
I’m enjoying this quite a bit. I’m only 68 pages (out of 548) in and things could change but I hope they don’t. I hope I really like this book.
I plan on reading:
Okay, for once I have a set and order in which I want to read the following books. I find myself on a fantasy kick (high fantasy actually) so after I finish this I’m reading:
- Diplomacy of the Wolves by Holly Lisle
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
- The Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
- The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick
I probably am not going to get to all this week because Locke Lamora and Lost Cities are pretty hefty books. Actually so is Beka Cooper. But we’ll see. I’ll probably read a lot of manga on the side as I usually do. But I’m crazily excited to read the books mentioned above so yay!