Hi all! It’s time for the reading forecast once again. I managed to get a decent number of books read last week despite being crazily sick for most of it–or perhaps because I was sick I read so much. Either ways, here are the books I read:
- GreenGlass House by Kate Milford
This was good though I felt the pace was slow. The twist at the end was whoa. The best I’ve read in a long time. I’ll be reviewing it over at The Book Wars.
- King’s Dragon by Kate Elliott
I really liked this. I mean, it wasn’t perfect but I liked this one so much. I couldn’t find the sequel in any of the libraries I frequent so I had to request my first ILL. I’m very proud of that.
- Tap Dancing on the Roof: Sijo by Linda Sue Park
Sijo are short poems comparable to the Japanese haiku. These were interesting little verses.
- Zita the Spacegirl #1 by Ben Hatke
I really liked this one. Both the art and the story were my thing.
- The Eldritch Conspiracy by Cat Adams
The Mary Sue was strong in this one. Led to me deciding to quit this series here.
Decent for a week of reading, huh? I thought so anyway.
I am currently reading:
- The City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers
I say I’m reading this but honestly, I haven’t picked it up and haven’t moved past 40 pages. I don’t know why. It’s funny and well written. I just haven’t been in the mood for it.
- Hotel World by Ali Smith
This one is all sorts of amazing. I’m 80 pages in and loving it so far. It’s a short novel so I should finish it soon.
What I Plan to Read:
I’m being super ambitious for the coming week and may very well fail but *shrug*. Here are the titles I want to read:
- The second and third volumes of Zita the Spacegirl by Ben Hatke
- Asunder by Jodi Meadows
- Tale of the Tail by Margaret Mahy
- Susceptible by Genevieve Castree
- Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan