It’s Monday so obviously I have to talk about what I’m reading and possibly what’s going to be up on the blog in the coming week. But first, what I read last week!
- Kare Kano by Masumi Tsuda vol 1-20.
It was intense. My head was swimming after I was done but I enjoyed it.
- Legends of Zita the Space Girl by Ben Hatke
I enjoyed this.
- The Return of Zita the Spacegirl by Ben Hatke
I liked this as well. More than the second one but less than the first one.
- Asunder by Jodi Meadows
I liked this.
- Susceptible by Genevieve Castree
This was so sad and real. It broke my heart.
- Tale of a Tail by Margaret Mahy
This was amusing. Not as wonderful as I had wanted it to be though.
- Hotel World by Ali Smith
The writing was good but I don’t think you can sustain the kind of writing for a whole novel without it becoming grating. I found some parts challenging to read simply because it was discordant.
- Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan
Loved this one.
- The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
Loads of potential that was never met because apparently love triangle was most important.
I’m currently reading:
- The Thing The Book
I’ll speak more about this in my review of it.
- The Awakening and Selected Short Stories by Kate Chopin
I’ll have a post up about The Awakening sometime soon. I have loads to say about it.
I Want to Read:
I’ll be read a lot more manga in the coming week. I have a feeling I will. I don’t question my feelings too closely. I also want to try to get the following five titles read next week:
- Mark of the Thief by Jennifer A. Nielsen
- The Rabbit Back Literature Society by Pasi Ilmari Jaaskelainen
- The Witch With No Name by Kim Harrison
- The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters
- Clover’s Luck by Kallie George