Ah Monday, a fresh week, new possibilities, new books. But first a look back at what I read the week past:
- The Glasswright’s Apprentice – Mindy Klasky
This one is going into the list of high fantasy with female heroines. I liked it a lot and was sad that my library didn’t have the second one but managed to find a secondhand copy from betterworldbooks. Let’s hope it arrives soon.
- A Butterfly is Patient – Diana Hutts Aston
- Clover’s Luck – Kallie George
- Egg and Spoon – Gregory Maguire
Totally amazing. Deserves all the superlatives.
- How a Mother Weaned Her Girl from Fairy Tales – Kate Bernheimer
It was okay.
- Rude Cakes – Rowboat Watkins
- Wild Feelings – David Milgrim
- Won Ton and Chopstick – Lee Wardlaw
- Interstellar Cinderella – Deborah Underwood
- What James Said – Liz Rosenberg
I am currently reading:
- Prince of Dogs by Kate Elliott
I’m about 363 pages (out of 612) in and hope to be done with it by Tuesday. Fingers crossed.
- 1984 by George Orwell
I’m not much of an Orwell or a Dystopian fan so I haven’t read much of this apart from the 28 pages I read initially. I hope to get at least a 100 pages read this week. We’ll see.
I plan on reading:
- Owl and the Japanese Circus by Kristi Charish
I’ve actually already started this and am 66 pages in. It’ll be a fast and hopefully consistently fun read.
- Mother Ocean, Daughter Sea by Diana Marcellas
- Amulet vol 6 by Kazu Kibuishi
- Finding Serendipity by Angelica Banks
Fun reading times ahead for me. Have you read any of these books?