(Technically, the title is weird because “read” will need to be read differently depending on the words attached to it but ehhhhh. Just go with it.)
After lots of deliberation and thought, I decided I would blog about series. I’ve been wanting to blog about something for the past few days and I even drafted some posts but it all petered out…and the blog remained un-updated. So here I am. Updating. About series.
There are a LOT of them. I even have a page dedicated to series I am currently reading but it makes me really sad because there are a lot of them. Sigh. So here’s how we’re going to do it.
I’m going to focus on books I own that are part of a series but that I, despite the best intentions, haven’t read yet. It will happen. It just hasn’t happened yet.
- Clariel by Garth Nix
I bought this, you know? I am excited about this. So why I haven’t read it yet, I don’t know. I really don’t.
- A Lion Among Men and Out of Oz both by Gregory Maguire
Yeah. Hmm. This will happen. Soonish. Some day. Yep.
- Bloody Jack #2 to #12 – L. A. Meyer
I keep on meaning to start reading these again but somehow review books keep taking a giant share of my reading time and I am left with no time. I think I’ll just have to prioritize these to get them read.
- The Rebel Prince – Celine Kiernan
This is the last one in the Moorehawke trilogy. It’s on my shelf! :\
- Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
Yeah. I don’t know if I want to read it anymore but I have the book and it would be the saddest not to read it cuz, you know?
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2-#5 – Rick Riordan
This needs to happen this year because I’m going to send my copies of the books to my niece in Fiji.
- The Kronos Chronicles #2-#3 by Marie Rutkoski
I think this MG fantasy series is by far superior to anything YA she has written so I’m excited about finishing this.
- Seven Realms quartet by Cinda Williams Chima
I need to reread the first two to read the last two. I want to. I really want to. I just haven’t made the time for them yet.
- Vampire Academy #3 to #6 by Richelle Mead
I think the time for them is coming. I think. I’m not sure.
- The Shadowed Sun by N. K. Jemisin
This one will be read this year.
- Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
This one will be read very soon. I just need to read Seraphina again.
- The Agency: Rivals in the City by Y. S. Lee
I just got a review copy of this yesterday and I think I’ll read it either this month or April.
- Maya and Valko #2 by Anne Nesbet
I had no idea this was a series until I looked it up. I have an ARC from ALA midwinter 2012. Yikes.
- The Hero’s Guide to Storming the Castle by Christopher Healy
I want to get the third one before I read this so I can just marathon it.
- In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
I got this for my birthday so it hasn’t languished on my shelf for too long.
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Ah, this one has been languishing. I want to read it! A lot. *shamefaced*
- Oona Crate Mystery #2 by Shawn Thomas Odyssey
I have an ARC. I’ll get around to it. Eventually.
- The Obernewtyn Chronicles #3-5 by Isobelle Carmody
These are huge books and that sometimes intimidates me but I am really enjoying the story so I will hopefully read them sooner rather than later.
- Goddess War #2 by Kendare Blake
I hear there is a cliffhanger so I may wait until the third one is released.
- The Lynburn Legacy – Sarah Rees Brennan
I now have all three and can marathon the series. Soon.
- Abarat #3 by Clive Barker
I will wait for t he 4th book to come out before I read this.
Whew. That’s um 44 books on my shelves? Argh. And I have a feeling I’ve missed one or two titles but it’s okay. I think I should challenge myself to read them all this year but I know it’s not going to happen. So I’m going to read as many as I can. So many books. O.O
Do you have series that need completing? I can’t be the only one who has bought the books and not read them, right? RIGHT? Please tell me I’m not the only one.