Time for another reading forecast. Last week was good reading though I did read books I hadn’t planned on reading but as I have said before, I am a mood reader (which could totally mean something different now that I think about it, heh). Anyway, here are the books I read last week:
- Gretel and the Dark by Eliza Granville
I really liked this one. I gave it five stars.
- The Sculptor – Scott McCloud
I liked this one but I wasn’t as in love with it as I thought I would be. Review up later this week.
- Sidewalk Flowers by JonArno Lawson and Sydney Smith
Really liked it. Review up on The Book Wars.
- The Elephant’s Journey by Jose Saramago
My first Saramago ensured that it won’t be my last.
- Of Scars and Stardust by Andrea Hannah
Chilling. I quite liked this.
- The Glasswright’s Progress by Mindy Klasky
It was slow but picked up quite nicely by the end.
- Everyday Sexism by Laura Bates
Worrying and illuminating. All women should read this book.
- Infinite by Jodi Meadows
Mmmeh. I didn’t enjoy this as much as I had hoped to. It wasn’t bad though. I just didn’t care much anymore. A little bit too much of a Mary Sue thing going on.
- Soulprint by Megan Miranda
I enjoyed this a whole lot. A LOT.
I’m currently reading:
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D. H. Lawrence
I’m only 31 pages in but I’m enjoying it.
- Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
I’m 45 pages in this one and really enjoying it.
- The Glasswright’s Journeyman – Mindy Klasky
I just started this.
To Read in the Upcoming Week:
- A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd
Must read this before the library demands it back.
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
This will be a reread because I want to read Shadow Scale soon. In the next week perhaps.
- The Humming Room by Ellen Potter
I want to talk about this next week on The Book Wars so I must reread it.
- The Rabbit Back Literature Society by Pasi Ilmari Jaaskelainen
This one has languished on my TBR pile for long enough.