Wah, I’m tired so this is going to be a short one. Last week I read:
- Every Day is for the Thief by Teju Cole
I liked this well enough though I didn’t love it. I shall review it soon.
- Outstanding in the Rain by Frank Viva
This was cute. Review soon on The Book Wars.
- The Tower of Ravens by Kate Forsyth
I liked this well enough but it didn’t offer me anything new. Rather predictable and well, the romance was not something I liked. I like my romance with a lot more tension and subtlety.
- Valiant by Sarah McGuire
This was cute. Review up on the book wars soon.
- A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd
This lacked the intensity and fervent pacing of the second one. I didn’t like it as much.
- Absolute Witch vol. 1-12 by Kim Tae-Yeon
This was really interesting. Spare on the details and the story was not very complex but the art was amazing and the worldbuilding really amazing.
- Once Upon a More Enlightened Time by James Finn Garner
This was hilarious. A very short collection of stories hilariously told in a way that is politically correct.
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
I’m about 132 pages in and the story is just beginning to get interesting. It’s a beast at 613 pages so this may take me the greater part of the week to read. I’m okay with that.
To Read in the Coming Week:
- Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson
- The Tapper Twins Go To War by Geoff Rodkey
- Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
- I also have some graphic novels out from the library that I may read providing I am in the mood to read.