Sooo…last week was a lesson in what happens if I force myself to do things I’m not meant to do. Like read a book I’m not really enjoying. I just stop reading. The thing is, it’s not that the book in question was bad or anything. It just wasn’t doing anything for me and I was determined to finish it even though I was not enjoying it so I stopped reading all together. Yep. And as soon as I stopped forcing myself and DNFed the book, I started reading up a storm again.
Here’s what I did manage to read:
- This is Sadie by Sara O’Leary and Julie Morstad
- The Name of the Flower vol. 1-4 by Ken Saito
- Last Man #1 by Bastien Vives
- Angel Shop vol. 1-4 by Hwang Sook-Ji
- Hope and Other Luxuries by Clare Dunkle
So I read a lot of manga. I find that I usually fall back on manga when I’m having a hard time with prose novels.
I’m currently reading:
- Women Who Wear Breeches by Shahrukh Husain
To Read in the Coming Week:
- The Jumbies by Tracey Baptiste
- The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge