If last week I read too much, this past week, I barely read. Maybe it was because I overdid things or maybe I just didn’t feel like it or even maybe because I’m having too much fun with kdramas to care about reading. I don’t know. Still, I did read some things. Let me tell you what they were.
- Micrographica – Renee French
The weirdest little graphic novel I’ve ever read.
- Jerusalem – Guy Delisle
A graphic traveling memoir. Very sombre in tone though there are flashes of humour from Guy.
- Dark Sparkler – Amber Tamblyn
The series of poems focusing on the dead personalities was impressive. When she gets personal however, we get melodrama so that wasn’t too fun.
- A Pornography of Grief – Philip Huang
Parts brilliant, parts disturbing. I don’t know how I felt about this one.
- The Thickety: The Whispering Trees by J. A. White
Would have been more brilliant had some elements not been included. Ah well.
I’m reading a whole bunch right now.
- Strange Weather in Tokyo by Hiromi Kawakami
I’m liking this one quite a bit.
- Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed
I am still only 30 pages in but I don’t mind reading this slowly as I am really liking it.
- The Poet Slave of Cuba by Margarita Engle
This is a novel in verse and tbh, I haven’t actually begun it. I’m going to though.
Books I Will Add to the Reading List:
- The Hanged Man by P. N. Elrod
I want to read this now.
- Elena Vanishing – Clare and Elena Dunkle
I think I just need to gird my loins and jump in. The more time that passes without me reading this, the less likely it becomes that I will read it. The book is going to be traumatic.
- Eolyn – Karin Rita Gastreich