So due to me being crazily sick last week, I didn’t read much. Honestly, I didn’t want to read. I have this case of protracted blahs. I blame the insomnia. Still, I did manage to put 4 books so that’s something.
- Arsenic for Tea by Robin Stevens
I enjoyed this quite a bit. I thought I wouldn’t but ended up being pleasantly surprised.
- The Principles of Uncertainty by Maira Kalman
A bizarre walk inside Kalman’s head.
- Prince Puggly of Spud and the Kingdom of Spiff by Robert Paul Weston
I did not like this one at all. The pacing is off, the female characters not really well done. Just, bleh.
- Amsterdam Stories by Nescio
I’m currently reading interesting stuff. I generally read interesting stuff. If it’s not interesting, I stop reading it.
- Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly
I’ve only read 8 pages of this but I have really liked what I have read.
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
I’m 80 or so pages in (out of almost 900). I’m in no particular hurry to finish this so I’ll be reading this alongside other books.
- Life of a Counterfeiter – Yasushi Inoue
I’m about 22 pages in and it has just started getting interesting. I’m intrigued. It’s a collection of stories, the titular one being the longest.
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
I’m liking this though I’m not as blown away by it as I had hoped.
What I Will Read in the Coming Week
Everything I am currently reading. I don’t think I will finish a book this week. Eid’s coming up and I have lots to do. So. Yeah.