Ah, another week has passed and for once I read ALL the books I said I was going to. I’m really proud of this achievement, hah. And then some. But here is a list:
- School – Jen Currin
- Black Spring – Alison Croggon
- The Prophet – Khalil Gibran
- Josephine – Patricia Hruby Powell
- Tyger Tyger – Kersten Hamilton
- Gronk vol 1 – Katie Cook
- The Gigantic Beard that was Evil – Stephen Collins
- The Night is Darkening Around Me – Emily Bronte (this was most excellent for whoever wanted to know)
- Bat Girl vol. 1 – Cameron Stewart
I haven’t been feeling much like reading this past two days so I’ve started multiple books to get a feel for them. So here are the books. Prepare to be surprised (or not):
- The Luminaries – Eleanor Catton
Yep, still reading it. It will appear on this list until I’m finished with it because I’m determined that I will finish it before December 31st.
- The Dhulyn and Parno Novels: Vol. 1 – Violette Malan
About ten pages in. This contains the first two novels in this series. So far it’s typical fantasy fare that I love.
- The Wolf Wilder – Katherine Rundell
The first chapter was explosive and I’m reading to kick some horrible soldier butt. Ugh.
- Mad Miss Mimic – Sarah Henstra
So I really liked the first chapter of this one too. I think I’ll like Miss Mimic, mad or not.
- Book Scavenger – Jennifer Chambliss Bertman
I’m about 20 pages into this one and I don’t know. I have to read a lot more to get a feel for it.
- Bitter Greens – Kate Forsyth
The book is a beast but I think it contains the stories of three different women. People tell me that the book is splendid and the writing certainly is. I hope for the best.
To read in the following week:
All the ones mentioned above? Ha. Maybe not finish them but make good headway into many of them. Okay, I do wish to finish Wolf Wilder, Scavenger and Mimic. Also maybe In the Forests of the Night by Kersten Hamilton.