I failed badly last week. It was strange that I didn’t read even though I had the desire to. I just mostly felt out of sorts, went out with my friends and coloured. Because colouring solves all problems or pushes them under the rug to be dealt with at a later date. Here’s what I did manage to read:
- Mad Miss Mimic – Sarah Henstra
I enjoyed this a lot.
- Little Kunoichi, the Ninja Girl – Sanae Ishida
- Lost in Translation – Ella Frances Sanders
- The Princess and the Pony – Kate Beaton
Though I didn’t finish too many books last week (only one really as the other three don’t really count), I did read more of the thicker ones. I’m currently reading:
- The Dhulyn and Parno Novels: Vol. 1 by Violette Malan
I’m 234 pages in. There are two novels in this one and I’m going to take a break after reading the first one.
- The Luminaries – Eleanor Catton
I’m 230 pages in. Success! The narrative’s picking up and now that I know who the players are (mostly) I’m even enjoying the book.
- The Wolf Wilder – Katherine Rundell
I haven’t read anything other than the first chapter but I did love the first chapter.
- Bitter Greens – Kate Forsyth
The little bit I read did intrigue me so we’ll see.
- Book Scavenger – Jennifer Chambliss Bertman
Ah. I don’t know. It’s very slow and young. Perhaps I need to give it another try.
To read in the following week:
I’ll have to put everything aside and read the latest Kate Daniels because the library has given me 2 weeks only so I will do that. But other than that, I have no plans to start any other book. I’m going to read the ones I’m currently reading and hopefully finish one or two.