I’m pretty certain I usually don’t go without a post for an entire week but my life has been full of upheavals recently and I’m not sure when things will calm down so ride out the storm with me. Eh? I’ll take it you agree. *beam* I had no internet for a day or so due to a storm so I actually got more reading done than I would have otherwise. Here’s what I managed to consume in the past week:
- Magic Shifts – Ilona Andrews
This was fantastic. The series gets better with each successive book. I can’t wait for what the Andrews have in store for us next.
- The Lemonade Hurricane by Licia Morelli
I don’t know how I feel about this one. I’ll probably be talking about it at more depth on The Book Wars soon.
- Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman
I think younger readers will love this one a whole lot more than I did. Maybe it’s because I’m used to my MG being a lot more sophisticated but I didn’t feel as invested in this one. Or more likely, I have no head for ciphers so I was mostly lost.
- The Dhulyn and Parno Novels: Volume 1 by Violette Malan
This beast contained the first two novels in the series: The Sleeping God and The Soldier God. So I reckon they count as two novels especially since the page count rang up at almost 900 pages. I don’t know why I have no problems finishing fantasy novels with 900 pages while literary novels leave me gasping.
- The Luminaries – Eleanor Catton
I’m on page 330 so progress has been made! Yay!
- The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell
I’m on page 26 of this slim novel and hopefully will have it done before this week is done.
- Bitter Greens – Kate Forsyth
I think I’m about 18 pages in. I need to pick this one up and make some flipping progress. This one, too, is a beast.
I don’t know for sure. It’ll depend on what mood I’m in but chances are I’ll be reading bits and pieces of the following to see if I want to continue with them:
- Hear The Wind Sing/Pinball 1973 – Haruki Murakami
- City of Stairs – Robert Jackson Bennet
- The Lost Marble Notebook of Forgotten Girl and Random Boy – Marie Juskolka
- In the Forests of the Night – Kersten Hamilton
- The Diabolical Miss Hyde – Viola Carr