I’m going to be writing two reviews this week. I hope too anyway. I have the intention to anyway. Let’s hope it all pans out because I have reviews to write!
But first, here’s what I read last week:
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
YES! I finished this!! And I do have things to say about this. This is one of the books I hope to review by the end of this week.
- Secret Coders – Gene Luen Yang
I’m going to be reviewing this too but on the Book Wars.
- Gotham Academy vol. 1 – Becky Cloonan
Olive and Maps forEVA. Seriously.
- In the Afterlight – Alexandra Bracken
Tremendously satisfying. Whoo.
- The Private Lives of Trees by Alejandro Zambra
This was an experience. A good one but not one I’m certain I want to ever repeat.
- The Night of the Moon – Hena Khan
Ramadan story for the curious and the young.
- The Missing Piece – Shel Silverstein
- Baby Pie – Tom Macrae
Could have been gruesome but was thankfully saved from being gory.
- Nooks & Crannies – Jessica Lawson
Excellent book. I must read the other book Lawson has written.
- The Book of Works – Jenny Erpenbeck
This book is only 98 pages but it’s taking me forever to read because it’s so dense and subtle.
- The Zoya Factor – Anuja Chauhan
Guilty pleasure. Chicklit set in India with a backdrop of cricket and samosas…okay not samosas but there totally could be samosas. I’m tired.
To Read in the Coming Week:
- Nimona – Noelle Stevenson
- We’ll Never Be Apart – Emiko Jean
- Air vol. 1 – G. Willow Wilson
- The Drafter – Kim Harrison