Last week was a busy one and one in which I didn’t much feel like reading. I did get some books read but nowhere near the number I thought I would. I also DNFed two that I thought I’d like. Here are the ones I did get read:
- The Zoya Factor by Anuja Chauhan
It was so excellent to read a book that I could relate to. That was written by an Indian. It’s an amazing experience to have books directed at you. I stress that because most of the times I am a peripheral target for all the books I read. More on this in a later post.
- The Swing – Robert Louis Stevenson, Julie Morstad
- We’ll Never Be Apart – Emiko Jean
More on this at The Book Wars soon.
- Owls See Clearly At Night – Julie Flett
- Nimona – Noelle Stevenson
Ahhhhh. So many feels. I’ll be talking about this on The Book Wars in November.
- Fable Comics edited by Chris Duffy
Funny. Some more than others. I liked this collection quite a bit.
- The Book of Words – Jenny Erpenbeck
I may review this or at least just talk about it. It was a strange book. Short but so dense.
Soundless by Richelle Mead
I should be done with this one by the end of today. It’s pretty short and fast-paced which honestly seems a bit considering the worldbuilding ought to be more but I’m enjoying it so that’s saying something, right?
To Read in the Coming Week:
- The Uninvited by Cat Winters
I need to read this one before the 7th because the library wants it back then. Fingers crossed.
- Dumplin’ – Julie Murphy
I have the 14th to read it but since I’m slow with contemps, I may as well get an early start.
- Ash and Bramble – Sarah Prineas
- Hilo book 1 – Judd Winnick
- The Lightning Dreamer – Margarita Engle