Earlier this week on Twitter I said that I react to stress by reading and that is very true. Last week was full of stressful things and I ended up reading 9 books in total. They are:
- Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan
I didn’t enjoy this one at all. I’ll be reviewing it on Cuddlebuggery.
- The Case of the Left-Handed Lady – Nancy Springer
A lot of fun.
- The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets – Nancy Springer
- Solanin – Inio Asano
Adored this one.
- Revolver – Marcus Sedgwick
This was okay. I didn’t love it but it certainly was an important read.
- Metamorphosis – Betty Franco
I enjoyed this one.
- The Weird World of Words – Mitchell Symons
- Singing the Dogstar Blues – Alison Goodman
- Warren the 13th and the All Seeing Eye – Tania del Rio
Enjoyed this one.
- The Lightning Dreamer – Margarita Engle
I haven’t actually read any of this but I’ve marked it as currently reading so I shall get to it sooner rather than later. Short read so I don’t foresee it taking me too long to finish.
- Black Dog – Rachel Neueimer
I haven’t started this one yet but I do hope to like it as the previous Neueimer book I read wasn’t too enjoyable for me.
To Read in the Coming Week:
I’m not sure what I’ll be in the mood for but I’ll definitely be deciding from a mix of more Enola Holmes mysteries by Nancy Springer, Lost Covenant by Ari Marmell, or whatever takes my fancy. I read better when I don’t have a list to follow anyway.