Ah, I read a lot last week. And it was good. Here are the titles:
- Sadie and Ratz by Sonya Hartnett
Cute and a bit creepy.
- The Lightning Dreamer: Cuba’s Greatest Abolitionist by Margarita Engle
Enjoyed this. I want to find out more about the person in question.
- Honey and Clover vol. 2-10 by Umino Chica
The hell was up with that ending? This is a lovely introspective series about growing up and finding your place in the world but that ending was just…not good. I mean, I understand her decision but no…
- Once Upon a Time in Japan – Japan Broadcasting Corporation
This is a collection of translated folktales. Beautifully done. Will be reviewing it on The Book Wars.
- The Case of the Peculiar Pink Fan – Nancy Springer
- The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline – Nancy Springer
- The Case of the Gypsy Good-bye – Nancy Springer
- Manabeshima – Florent Chavouet
- Winter – Marissa Meyer
I enjoyed this quite a bit. I’m sad that it’s over but at least I know that they’re living on in the fictional world happily.
- Daughter of No Nation – A. M. Dellamonica
- Falling in Love with Hominids by Nalo Hopkinson
- Lost Covenant – Ari Marmell
Shins and Olgun! I am glad to be back in their world.
- House of Sand and Secrets – Cat Hellisen
I’ve been meaning to read this forever and I’m crazily excited to be able to do so.
To Read in the Coming Week:
I seem to have more luck reading when I don’t plan ahead so we’ll see what catches my fancy.