Are you sick of reading about them yet?
Or hearing about them?
Or even seeing them in the periphery of your eyes? Vision? Yeah, vision.
I resolved earlier to read bigger books this year and I still plan to do it but I didn’t realize that in my head I had resolved to read thicker books exclusively which doesn’t work for me because I read a lot of children’s lit and not all of them are big books.
So it was time for a new resolution.
I am going to read what I want to in 2016.
Which is basically the same resolution I had in 2015. So what’s the point of this post?
Hang on, I’m getting there.
I have a few reading goals. So, here they are.
2016 Reading Goals
- Complete at least 10 series I am currently reading. I have this bad habit of reading all but the last book in a trilogy or series and I just need to start reading the culminating book.
- Finish Shantaram. I’m enjoying this book but it’s a beast and I figure finishing it as a goal will give me motivation to read it consistently. It has yet to hook me in completely.
- Read three nonfiction books at least.
- Read a book by Kurt Vonnegut. I’ve wanted to ever since I read about how people loved him in two separate books. (Majorly The Universe Versus Alex Woods.)
- This is not a reading goal per se but related to reading: create a catalogue of books I own. I own enough that I don’t know how many it is I truly own and if I’m going to be a serious collector, I need to know.
- Read My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk and Night Film by Marisha Pessel.
- Read at least a hundred books from my TBR mountain.
That’s about it, really.