Another week comes to a close too quickly and I am here yet again writing a reading post. I’ve had an odd but productive reading week and have been successful in reading more slowly as I resolved to do.
Here’s what I read:
- Only on the Beach at Night – Walt Whitman
Whitman is the not the man for me. Heh. I don’t like his poetry.
- A Song for Ella Grey – David Almond
- A Darker Shade of Magic – V. E. Schwab
Interesting but ultimately, imho, failing to meet the hype that accompanies it.
- Mrs. Rosie and the Priest – Giovanni Baccaccio
Pithy and fun.
- Sure Signs of Crazy – Karen Harrington
- The Little Paris Bookshop – Nina George
What I’m Reading:
- Shantaram – Gregory David Roberts
I read 16 pages last week. Not a Shantaram week by any means. I just don’t like the crazy foreshadowing and the feeling of impending doom.
- As Kingfishers Catch Fire – Gerard Manly Hopkins
I don’t know how I feel about this poet yet. I’ll have to wait a few more pages to form an opinion either way.
- All the Birds in the Sky – Charlie Jane Anders
I’m a 102 pages in and really enjoying it so far. I haven’t had the time to continue with it for the past two days but hopefully it’ll be just as engrossing when I return to it.
To Read in the Coming Week:
Whatever I feel like I guess. I tend to read whatever I am in the mood for so really planning does no good.