The Reading Forecast is a little early but it’s a wonderfully sunny day today so why not? So let’s get on with it, shall we?
The books I read last week:
- This is the Story of You by Beth Kephart
This was enjoyable but not really up the Little Damages standards.
- Lady Killer – Joelle Jones
This was a bit too gory for my taste. I mean, I liked the art but all the blood and murder was a bit too intense for me. I’m going to stop here with this series.
- Hippopotamister – John Patrick Green
Well, this was cute. A bit slower in pace than I would have liked but satisfying.
- The Haunted Library – Dori Hillestad Butler
- The Ghost in the Attic – Dori Hillestad Butler
- The Ghost Backstage – Dori Hillestad Butler
- The Ghost in the Treehouse – Dori Hillestad Butler
- The Nameless City – Faith Erin Hicks
- Just Like Me – Nancy J. Cavanaugh
Wandered a bit too close to cheesy but ultimately heartwarming.
- Shadowshaper – Daniel Jose Older
- Worlds of Ink and Shadow – Lena Coakley
Hmm. I’m not sure how I feel about this but I’m only about 10 pages in so it’s a bit too early to make up my mind either ways.
- Bad Feminist – Roxane Gay
I almost checked out after the Scrabble essays but I’m glad I persevered because her subsequent essays are fantastic.
- Stories for Kids and Teens by Contemporary Shanghai Authors
- The Elephant Vanishes – Haruki Murakami
I’ve been feeling like Murakami but I didn’t really want to commit to a novel so this collection of short stories will sustain me until I can read an entire novel.
To Read Next:
Standard Answer: Whatever I feel like.