I’m starting a new job on Tuesday so for the next four months my reading speed is probably going to sharply decline. But I actually don’t have a problem with that because I have gotten to a point in my life where I want to linger on the books I am reading. I want to read more cerebral books as compared to plot-driven books. I want smart books and I think this–as in the declining reading speed–will be conducive to me reading the kind of books I want to read.
Obviously this doesn’t mean I won’t be reading children’s lit because hey, that’s my genre. Anyway. Reading Forecasts will now appear on Sundays because I have set aside Sundays for home and me-time (also blogging time heh).
Last week I read:
- Akagami no Shirayukihime vol. 1-16 by Sorata Akizuki
- Short Stories for Kids and Teens by Contemporary Shanghai Authors
- Death Note: Black Edition vol. 1 – Tsugumi Ohba
- Counting Thyme – Melanie Conklin
- Rickshaw Girl – Mitali Perkins
- The Queen of Attolia – Megan Whalen Turner
I’m currently reading:
- The Singing by Alison Croggon
The last one in the series. Eeee!
- The Elephant Vanishes – Haruki Murakami
I am loving this so much.
- Bad Feminist – Roxane Gay
This one is amazing. Humbling. Thought provoking.
To Read in the Coming Week:
I will probably read a few graphic novels to relieve the intensity of my reading material at the moment. I don’t know if I’ll finish any of the books I’m reading but if I do, I want to read Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima next.