Another week, another reading report. This one will be a lot sparser than the usual because I haven’t been reading as much. Or so I thought but 5 still seems like a decent number. Here is all I read last week:
- The Hollow of the Hand – P. J. Harvey
A photo collection with some poems thrown in. I liked it well enough.
- Migritude – Shailja Patel
Mind blowing. I will be discussing this on The Book Wars this coming week.
- Marked in Flesh – Anne Bishop
I understand that the romance is slow but the lack of it is making me twitchy. The teasing is there but that is all it is.
- Love Life Style – Garance Dore
Hm. I will probably discuss this a bit more in an upcoming post.
- The Whatnot – Stefan Bachmann
Next month is Fae month at The Book Wars.
- Nine Coaches Waiting – Mary Stewart
210 pages in. Not feeling it. Will hopefully complete it soon.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society – Trenton Lee Stewart
Hmm. Don’t rightfully know how I feel about this at this moment. A few pages for me to completely evaluate my feelings.
- The Vegetarian – Han Kang
Still only 40 pages in. Still disturbed.
- Once Was a Time – Leila Sales
Still only 11 pages in but I reckon I ought to make a dent in it in the coming weke.
- A Brief History of Seven Killings – Marlon James
I’ll read another chapter tomorrow.
- Giants of the Frost – Kim Wilkins
I like the heroine’s part. The love interest is super meh at this point.
To maybe add to the currently reading pile in the coming week:
- Dragons of Heaven – Alyc Helms
- Forest of Memory – Mary Robinette Kowal
- The Cosmic Clues – Manjiri Prabhu
- Dara Palmer’s Major Drama – Emma Shevah
- Radiance – Catherynne M. Valente