I suppose it’s that time again. And time, oh how it flies. Whooshing away from a to b with scarcely a breath in between. Ramadan is almost over and this has probably been the saddest Ramadan for me ever but as the Koreans say, fighting!
Here are the books I read last week:
- Midsummer Night – Deanna Raybourn
- Alex + Ada vol. 2 – Jonathan Luna
- Alex + Ada vol. 3 – Jonathan Luna
- Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle – Betty MacDonald
- Skip Beat 3-in-1 edition vol. 11 – Yoshiki Nakamura
- Silent Night – Deanna Raybourn
- The Invisible Library – Genevieve Cogman
- Twelfth Night – Deanna Raybourn
- Rapture – Sjohnna McCray
- The Sword in the Stacks – Jen Swann Downey
A lot of those were novellas and shorter pieces of fiction. I cannot concentrate on anything for too long when I’m fasting and *shrug* it’s a wonder I get any reading done at all, to be honest.
So now on to the currently reading pile which saw some changes as I put some books on hold and others on the “working on” shelf.
- The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley
I’m on page 302 out of 441 and I don’t know why I’m dragging my feet but that’s the way I’m reading this. Super slowly.
- 100 Million Years of Food – Stephen Le
(103/320). I’ll never look at vegetables the same way again, haha. I’m enjoying this. It’s a slow read for me but then nonfiction generally is and if no one requests this at the library, I should be able to finish it before I have to return it. Fingers crossed!
- The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories by Ken Liu
(193/450) So I read the titular story in this one and it just about destroyed me. Thanks Mr. Liu. I still have a number of stories to go so here’s hoping they are a bit lighter in tone than Paper Menagerie because *weep*.
- Outrun the Moon – Stacey Lee
I have been wanting to read this for ages and from the little preview I gave myself, I’m going to enjoy this a lot.
To read in the coming week:
I want to finish Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee, start and finish The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters and Dream on by Kerstin Gier. I may also read some Saga volumes.