Time for a reading report, folks. I don’t have much else to say to be honest. It’s too hot to be loquacious.
Last week I read:
- The Safest Lies – Megan Miranda
I enjoyed this mostly. Didn’t much care for the love interest though. I felt he was forgiven way too easily.
- Bera the One-Headed Troll – Eric Orchard
I just wrote a review for this one. You will see it up on the book wars closer to release date or soon. Soon, let’s say soon.
- Kestrel’s Voyages – Misty Massey
I wish someone would pick up this series. It’s so well written and a delight to read.
- Hey Coach – Linda Ashman
- If a T.Rex Crashes Your Birthday Party – Jill Esbaum
- Small Magics – Ilona Andrews
- Thrill Me – Benjamin Percy
- Bad Girls Throughout History – Ann Shen
- The Creepy Case of Margo Maloo – Drew Weing
- Death at Wentwater Court – Carola Dunn
- Cloudwish – Fiona Wood
I am currently reading:
- The Bone Queen – Alison Croggon
Things are gaining momentum but I’m still only a 100 pages or so in. A long way to go.
- The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories – Ken Liu
Yeah, I haven’t been brave enough to continue this collection. Maybe soon.
- Between the World and Me – Ta-Nehisi Coates
I read this out loud to myself which is why it’s taking me a while. It’s a very sombre read and makes me think often angry thoughts about the hegemonic group.
- The Treasure of Maria Mamoun – Michelle Chalfoun
Hm. I’m only 46 pages in so cannot really say much about it.
- Look: Poems – Solmaz Sharif
This is very dense, very complex, and very angry.
- My Lady Jane – Cynthia Hand
This is so FUNNEH. I am about 20 pages in and enjoying it very much.
To read in the coming week:
Whatever I feel like. *cheese*