I don’t know what the woohoo is for. I just felt like saying that. So. Um. Yeah. Reading report for the past week. I read..a lot. Many of the books I read were picturebooks so that accounts for the high number of books read. Others were MG novels and some I managed to finish after an age spent reading them. Here are the titles:
- Mighty Jack – Ben Hatke
- Between the World and Me – Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Friday Barnes, Girl Detective – R. A. Spratt
- Look – Solmaz Sharif
- Goodnight, Firefly – Gabriel Alborozo
- Friday Barnes Under Suspicion – R. A. Spratt
- Journey – Aaron Becker
- The King and the Sea – Heinz Janisch
- Quest – Aaron Becker
- Vasilia the Beautiful – Anna Morgunova
- Sonya’s Chickens – Phoebe Wahl
- Strictly No Elephants – Lisa Mantchev
- Double Trouble – Atinuke
- The Land of Forgotten Girls – Erin Entrada Kelly
- The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories – Ken Liu
Yesss! I finished it. It nearly destroyed me with sadness but I finished it.
- Dreamers often Lie – Jacqueline West
- All Four Stars – Tara Dairman
So those were all the books I read last week. I am currently reading:
- Mayday – Gretchen Marquette
A collection of poems that I may as well admit here are going over my head simply because I feel removed from everything she says. Or perhaps her style is not mine. Maybe I’m not a poetry kinda person. I don’t know.
- The Treasure of Maria Mamoun – Michelle Chalfoun
I don’t know why it is taking me quite so long to get through this book. It’s MG and a fairly quick read but for some reason after the first quarter it has become significantly less gripping.
- The Disappearance of Ember Crow – Ambelin Kwaymullina
This is a refreshing change from the usual North-American dystopian books. Should be a quick read also.
- Bone Queen – Alison Croggon
Still enjoying this very much.
- Blackass – A. Igone Barrett
I just started this so cannot really say much about it. I think I’m going to enjoy it though. At least I hope I will.
And that’s all folks. At least for another week. Cheers.