For the first time in ages, I read less than ten books in a month. And I’m not very salty about it because I did spend the time not reading writing which is what I want to do with my life. However, it’s odd that I didn’t read as much because hello, I’m the self-proclaimed Queen of Reading.
Oh well, whatever.
Here are the books I did read:
- A Cat Named Swan by Holly Hobbie
A very sweet picturebook that I need to review on The Book Wars.
- A Bestiary by Lily Hoang
I need to review this here. And I will. Someday.
- The Sun is also a Star – Nicola Yoon
I adored this.
- my name on his tongue – Laila Halaby
- The Master of All Desires – Judith Merkle Riley
This book was immense and one of the reasons I didn’t read more.
- Here We Are – edt by Kelly Jensen
I liked this very much. I need to review this for The Book Wars.
- God Smites and Other Muslim Girl Problems – Ishara Deen
I have reviewed this already. It was brilliant.
- Goldie Vance vol. – Hope Larson et al
Cute. Very cute.
- The Queen of the Night – Alexander Chee
Another reason I didn’t read more.
I read pretty diverse books even though they were not very many in number. I like being relaxed about the books I read. I feel like I enjoy reading more this way than I would rushing through books just to get books read. I hope your reading month was a good one.