October ran away from me. I was busier than I had expected to be, sadder than I had expected to be, and just not in a reading mood. I still managed to read 15 books which I suppose are no mean feat. I mean, it feels like nothing to me. Do you remember the time I used to read about 60 books per month? I don’t know where she went, that girl.
I wrote 13295 words in October and I am proud of that. Every word hurt.
Anyway, here’s what I read:
- 3 graphic novels
- 3 literary novels
- 3 middle grade novels
- 2 adult genre
- 1 poetry collection
- 2 YA novels
- 1 nonfiction
I feel that is quite eclectic a range, don’t you?
Here’s the list of titles I read:
- Chemistry by Weike Wang
So fantastic. I adored this.
- Boundless – Jillian Tamaki
- No Rules – R. A. Spratt
- The Big Bad Fox – Benjamin Renner
- Demi-Gods – Eliza Robertson
- Murder in Thrall – Anne Cleeland
- The Poisoned House – Michael Ford
- Don’t Call Us Dead – Danez Smith
- Song of the Current – Sarah Tolcser
- The Glass Sentence – S. E. Grove
- 300 Arguments – Sarah Manguso
- Six of Crows – Leigh Bardugo
- The Cloven Viscount – Italo Calvino
- A Conspiracy in Belgravia – Sherry Thomas
- The Dam Keeper – Robert Kondo